Running RELMA error

I installed the newer version of RELMA 4.3 into default path “C:ProgramFilesRELMA”. I went to that path and run “Regenstrief.Relma.exe”. I got the following error:

“Sorry but an error has occurred, do you wish to continue?

An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Error thrown by a dependency of object ‘localTermFiles’ defined in ‘config [C:ProgramFilesRELMARegenstrief.Relma.exe.Config#spring/objects] line 1’ : Initialization of object failed : Cannot instantiate Type [Regenstrief.Relma.clsConnectToLMOF] using ctor [Void .ctor()] : ‘Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00000602-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4} failed due to the following error: 8007007e.’

while resolving ‘LmofDao’ to ‘lmofDao’ defined in 'config [C:ProgramFilesRELMARegenstrief.Relma.exe.Config#spring/objects] line 1’Error thrown by a dependency of object ‘localTermFiles’ defined in ‘config C:ProgramFilesRELMARegenstrief.Relma.exe.Config#spring/objects] line 1’ :

Initialization of object failed : Cannot instantiate Type [Regenstrief.Relma.clsConnectToLMOF] using ctor [Void .ctor()] : ‘Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00000602-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4} failed due to the following error: 8007007e.’

while resolving ‘LmofDao’ to ‘lmofDao’ defined in ‘config [C:ProgramFilesRELMARegenstrief.Relma.exe.Config#spring/objects] line 1’”

What I am doing wrong?

Sorry for the cryptic message!

I would like to start with the logs (if any) found at [My DocumentsRELMAlog]. Can you open them and post the contents (forum doesn’t support attachments)?

If the files are too long, feel free to email me directly at ckelker-at-regenstrief-dot-org.

Thanks,

Craig

I tried to coy/paste them here but it exceeds the max characters allowed.

One quick check: do you recall naming any local term submissions with punctuation like Clinical Lab’s Test or St Vinny’s? We had a user report that issue several weeks ago.

Otherwise, can you attach the files and email them to me?

My email is “ckelker-at-regenstrief-dot-org”.

Thanks,

Craig

After several emails, the problem was solved. As a matter of record, I’ll note the results below.

The issue was related to XP SP2 and MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components). Windows SP2 ships with a different version which is not publically available. Therefore, RELMA’s installation breaks MDAC and must be repaired.

The steps are:

How to Repair MDAC 2.81 under Windows XP with SP2

1. In Windows Explorer, open the c:WindowsInf folder.

Note If you cannot see the c:WindowsInf folder, follow these steps: a. On the desktop, double-click My Computer, and then on the Tools menu, click Folder Options.

b. Click the View tab.

c. Under Advanced settings, select the Show hidden files and folders check box.

d. Clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box.

e. Click OK.

2. In the C:WindowsInf folder, right-click the Mdac.inf file, and then click Install.

3. When you are prompted to insert the Windows XP SP2 CD, use one of the following methods: I. If you have a Windows XP SP2 CD:

a. Insert the Windows XP Service Pack 2 CD in the CD or DVD drive.

Note If a “Welcome to Microsoft Windows XP” message appears, click Exit.

b. Click Browse.

c. In the File name box, type CD or DVD drive that contains the Windows XP Service Pack 2 CD drive letter:i386. For example, type d:i386 if the Windows XP Service Pack 2 CD is in drive D.

d. Click Open.

II. If you do not have a Windows XP SP2 CD:

a. In the File name box, type %systemroot%windowsservicepackfilesi386, and then click Open.

b. When prompted for adcjavas.inc, point to C:Windowsservicepackfilesi386

Note: If you cannot find this folder put the Windows CD into your CD drive and browse for that file.

c. When prompted for the file handler.reg, either point to C:Program FilesCommon FilesSystemmsadc, or put the Windows XP CD in your CD-ROM drive.

d. When prompted for MDACRdMe.htm, point to C:Program FilesCommon FilesSystemAdo. If this file is not present rename the file MDACReadme.htm to MDACRdMe.htm.

e. When prompted for oledbjvs.inc, point to C:Program FilesCommon FilesSystemOle DB.

f. When prompted for mssoap1.dll, point to C:Program FilesCommon FilesMSSoapBinaries.

g. When prompted for mssoapr.dll, point to C:Program FilesCommon FilesMSSoapBinaries (or below its subfolders).

4. You may also be prompted for the original Windows XP CD that was used to install the operating system. a. Insert the Windows XP Service Pack 2 CD in the CD or DVD drive.

Note If a “Welcome to Microsoft Windows XP” message appears, click Exit.

b. Click Browse.

c. In the File name box, type CD or DVD drive that contains the Windows XP Service Pack 2 CD drive letter:i386. For example, type d:i386 if the Windows XP Service Pack 2 CD is in drive D.

d. Click Open.

Note: In the case you cannot find those files in the given folders search the whole hard disk for them.