Delafloxacin naming issue

Hi everyone,

I would like to raise a naming issue that we identified while reviewing a recent submission.

Current LOINC codes related to delafloxacin use ABT492 as the Component name. ABT492 was the development name for delafloxacin and is rarely used in current clinical or laboratory practice. For example, 41659-4 uses ABT492 as the Component.

There are also deprecated terms that use Delafloxacin directly as the Component, such as 90447-4, but these are mapped to active codes using ABT492.

Because users will usually search for the current drug name, this can make the relevant codes difficult to identify. Adding Delafloxacin as a synonym improves searchability, but the preferred Component name remains ABT492.

We would therefore like to ask whether the preferred naming of these terms could be reconsidered, or whether another approach would be more appropriate to better reflect current usage.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Ivan

1 Like

Hello @ibloise ! This is a very good point that I wasn’t aware of. As I search loinc.org for ABT* I only find ABT492, so I don’t think this is a very large project to tackle. You’re asking for an inversion of terms where Delafloxacin susceptibilities are active and ABT492 are deprecated. When there are suggested changes to a term, Regenstrief asks for an entry at https://loinc.org/request/edit . I’m happy to put that edit request in for you.

1 Like

Dear Ivan, Thank you for bringing this question forward. We will take it forward and restore to the delafloxacin if further research on our end doesn’t reveal anything contrary. Dear Pam, we will take forward from our end, you don’t have to submit for edit. The concept is being reviewed by LOINC team internally. thank you

1 Like