Contains LOINC entries for HL7-OBR.4

Hello,

I am looking for LOINC numbers for
HL7-OBR.4 (Universal Service Identifier), e.g. resting ECG, stress ECG, long-term ECG, spirometry, long-term blood pressure.
Does LOINC contain entries for this?

Heike

Hello Heike,

The situations of resting and stress aren’t currently in LOINC tied with ECG’s; neither is long-term ECG and long-term blood pressure. If you have definitions to support the observations, please make a submission to the LHDS (LOINC and Health Data Standards) team that manages LOINC.

One tangent to the above is the LOINC 76645-1 Cardiac Stress Test Type, which has example answers of resting (baseline), medication or exercise. That could be an add on element to the local database to record the difference.

There is a spirometry panel for your consideration 62639-0. If it ends up suiting your need, let the LHDS team know and possibly they will take it off Trial status. If your use case fits a Trial or Discouraged status LOINC, I encourage you to let loinc@loinc.org know that the industry is using a particular term.

All the best,

Pam

Lab LOINC committee chair

Hello Heike,

The situations of resting and stress aren’t currently in LOINC tied with ECG’s; neither is long-term ECG and long-term blood pressure. If you have definitions to support the observations, please make a submission to the LHDS (LOINC and Health Data Standards) team that manages LOINC.

One tangent to the above is the LOINC 76645-1 Cardiac Stress Test Type, which has example answers of resting (baseline), medication or exercise. That could be an add on element to the local database to record the difference.

There is a spirometry panel for your consideration 62639-0. If it ends up suiting your need, let the LHDS team know and possibly they will take it off Trial status. If your use case fits a Trial or Discouraged status LOINC, I encourage you to let loinc@loinc.org know that the industry is using a particular term.

All the best,

Pam

Lab LOINC committee chair