As I have been working to map LOINC codes to our Lab Test Dictionary, I have noticed at times that related LOINC terms are missing some specimen types we utilize. For Example,
- 62238-1 Glomerular filtration rate/1.73 sq M.predicted by Creatinine-based formula (CKD-EPI). Need a code for whole blood.
- 10501-5 Lutropin [Units/volume] in Serum or Plasma. Need a code for body fluid.
- 59472-1 Calcium.ionized [Mass/volume] adjusted to pH 7.4 in Arterial blood by Ion-selective membrane electrode (ISE). Need a code for whole blood.
- 14334-7 Lithium [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma. Need a code for body fluid.
- 2839-9 Progesterone [Mass/volume] in Serum or Plasma. Need a code for body fluid.
Is there any way to have a streamlined submission process to clone an existing LOINC code to add another specimen type? The submission process described on the web site seems onerous for the situations described above.
Thank you for your consideration.