attach a LOINC to a specific result for a DTA instead of setting it up at the DT

Do any of you know if it is possible to attach a LOINC to a specific result for a DTA instead of setting it up at the DTA level? For our HIV differentiation test, they are requiring us to send LOINC 68961-2 for HIV-1 and LOINC 81641-3 for HIV-2. Is this possible?

Hi Annalisa,

I’m not familiar with acronyms of DTA and DT. But it sounds like the receiver wants discrete result fields sent for HIV-1 and HIV-2. In your compendium, do you currently have one order of HIV Differentiation and one result field that enters an answer of HIV-1 detected or HIV-2 detected?

It might appear the receiver wants two discrete result fields:

HIV-1 (68961-2) - answer of detected or not detected

HIV-2 (81641-3) answer of detected or not found

This would enable them to run algorithms or data mine succinctly. I have heard of state registries or public health authorities with specific programs for labs to participate in, and there’s a requirement for the lab to change their database/compendium in order to match the specification. Some labs opt to do so; other labs have chosen not to participate (if that’s an option).

I haven’t heard of the capability (yet) of systems being able to automate LOINC insertion into HL7 messages based on answers.

Best regards,

Pam

1 Like

Hi Annalisa,

I’m not familiar with acronyms of DTA and DT. But it sounds like the receiver wants discrete result fields sent for HIV-1 and HIV-2. In your compendium, do you currently have one order of HIV Differentiation and one result field that enters an answer of HIV-1 detected or HIV-2 detected?

It might appear the receiver wants two discrete result fields:

HIV-1 (68961-2) - answer of detected or not detected

HIV-2 (81641-3) answer of detected or not found

This would enable them to run algorithms or data mine succinctly. I have heard of state registries or public health authorities with specific programs for labs to participate in, and there’s a requirement for the lab to change their database/compendium in order to match the specification. Some labs opt to do so; other labs have chosen not to participate (if that’s an option).

I haven’t heard of the capability (yet) of systems being able to automate LOINC insertion into HL7 messages based on answers.

Best regards,

Pam

1 Like

HI Annalisa,
It looks like this is a Cerner specific question? Is that correct? If so, you can submit a ticket with the CMT group to add the mapping if it’s for FHIR. I think you can use the CMT mapping tool or code code builder to add it on the code_value level.
Cyndalynn

1 Like