Accutest Uriscreen for Rapid UTI

Hi everyone!

Do any of you use the Accutest Uriscreen for rapid UTI testing from Jant Pharm? I tried searching for a LOINC and couldn’t find one. Does anyone have one?

Thank you!!

Karen

Hi Karen!

First, can we clarify that this screening test DOES report to the clinician? If the manufacturer hasn’t provided their LOINC, you can work from their package inserts and your LIS set up to define the possible LOINCs. From the Accutest website, pg 5 under Principles indicates the kit is trying to detect catalase-positive bacteria and/or somatic cells.

Search option 1: Entering the search word of “catalase” brings up 7 possibilities.

Working from process of elimination, we’d ignore:

2 LOINCs with method of Organism Specific Culture

4 LOINCs with system of plasma, RBC or Tissue

This leaves with only 45034-6 - Bacteria producing catalase : PrThr : Pt : Isolate : Ord .

It would appear a submission is needed for Bacteria producing catalase : PrThr : Pt : Urine : Ord (presuming the value is just positive/negative or detected/not detected)

Search option 2:

Entering the keywords of Bacteria Urine in RELMA, reveals 16 LOINCs, but 15 have methods of Immunofluorescence, Automation, Microscopy and culture. There is a methodless LOINC 87829-8 Bacteria : PrThr: Pt: Urine : Ord that might be a close fit. It is inferring the catalase of the assay is coming from bacteria

If you decide to submit to Regenstrief, it’s a straightforward process under loinc <dot> org <slash> submissions

Hope this helps!

Pam

I received information back from the manufacturer. They stated that there is no LOINC for this test.

Guess I will submit it.

Thank you for your help Pam!!!

Hello Karen,

Did you end up submitting the request for the URISCREEN? Any addtitional information would be great. I am working with a facility that had questions about this as well.

Thanks!

Cole S.

No, this has not been submitted this yet. Since we are in Canada, this will be submitted to Canada Health Infoway first as they maintain the pCLOCD for use in Canada. And sorry we do not have any more information.

Karen

Cole, if your facility has example charts/answers, I can assist in your submitting a request for a LOINC term. Please email me through pdbanning at mmm dot com, and we’ll work directly together. It probably won’t take more than 15-30 minutes on the telephone.

Thank you everyone!! Sorry I haven’t been active but, we just went live with a new EMR and it has completely made our lab’s workflow awful!! LOL