Are Term Descriptions available in download files?

In order to make selection of the proper LOINC codes more efficient, it would help us to be able to see the term description field in some cases, but I haven’t been able to find that data in any of the downloadable files. For example, 46457-8 with a component of Inpatient discharge facility [OASIS] has a term description/definition field of

Identifies whether the patient has recently (within past 14 days) been discharged from an inpatient facility. (Past 14 days encompasses the two-week period immediately preceding the start of care/resumption of care.)

Are these available somewhere in the downloadable files? Many thanks

Gail Larkin, MD

Hi,

I am a new member on this forum and want to start new topic for discussion, how can i start?

Click the path at the top of this page to go “Home” - select the category you would like to post your topic in (eg “General Discussion”), go to the bottom of the page and see the section for creating a new topic. You may also find reading the Welcome to the LOINC User Forum section helpful. You must be logged on to create a new topic.

After rummaging some more in the files, it appears the Term Descriptions may be the text that is found in the Comments field of the data file. Can someone at Regenstief confirm or refute this?

Thank you.